Wild Parrot Design Contest
Date and Time:
Monday, April 3, 2023 - 6:30pm to Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 7:00pm
Thank you for your submissions! We will announce the results of the contest in about a week. Stay tuned!
The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill have won the vote to become the (Unofficial) Official Animal of San Francisco! Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue is the Wild Parrots' primary support when they become sick or injured, so we were happy to throw our weight behind them. To celebrate the victory (and help us fundraise for their veterinary costs), we are inviting artists to design artwork to be put onto T-shirts, sweatshirts, and the like.
Here are the guidelines:
- The design must have a recognizable image of a Wild Parrot of Telegraph Hill. Photos of some of Mickaboo's rescued Telegraph Hill parrots are here.
- The design may incorporate the name "Mickaboo" or "Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue".
- The image must be suitable for printing on a T-shirt, with 300 DPI, a minimum of 2100 x 2100 pixels (7" image at 300 DPI) and a maximum of 3000 x 3000 pixels (10" image at 300 DPI).
- Maximum file size is 5 MB.
- File types may be .AI, .EPS, .PDF, .PNG or .JPG .
- The image must use at most four colors. Note: we do NOT mean "CMYK"; we mean colors like red, yellow, white, black, green, etc.
- The image is meant to be celebratory in feel, and reflect the spirit of having won the "(Unofficial) Official Animal of San Francisco" designation.
- AI-generated images will be accepted.
- Artists may each submit up to five images for consideration.
- Email submissions to WildParrotArtwork@mickaboo.org by Sunday, April 16, 2023, 7 pm Pacific Time.
- One email per submission.
- Artists for the winning entry(ies) will be asked to sign artwork release forms, stating that the artists are the legal owners of the artwork and granting Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue the right to use the art.
Send any questions to WildParrotArtwork@mickaboo.org. We look forward to seeing your creativity in action!