About Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue
• To provide protection for those who, by no fault or choice of their own, cannot help themselves, and depend on humans for their care.
• To ensure the highest quality of life for our companion birds.
• To educate the bird owning public on the most current diet, health and general care information.
What we do
We are a small bird rescue organization located in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are dedicated to rescuing parrot-type birds that have been either neglected, abused, sick, or injured. We rehabilitate them when necessary, and place them in safe, caring foster homes until a permanent home can be found. Our goals are:
• To ensure that birds in our care will have a safe, loving environment for life.
• To educate bird owners on the most current care information, so that their birds' medical, emotional, and dietary needs will be met.
To learn more about us, please check out the FAQs about Mickaboo in the Reading Room. We also have some information about the History of Mickaboo.
Three ways you can help Mickaboo
• You can donate money towards our cause.
100% of all funds collected goes directly back into the organization and are used for veterinarian expenses, supplies and communications cost only. Everyone involved with Mickaboo, from our President to our volunteers, work strictly on a volunteer basis. If you would like to make a donation or contribution, please mail it to: P.O. Box 697, San Jose, CA 95106-0697 .
We work solely on donations and adoption fees, and your donation or contribution is greatly appreciated. We are a nonprofit organization with 501(c)3 status and all donations are tax deductible.
•You can become a foster parent.
Foster parents are invaluable to us. They are often times the biggest step in changing an orphan bird's life. As a foster parent you might be expected to do some driving if necessary (i.e. take the bird to the veterinarian, etc.).