SPECIAL NEEDS BIRDS
BIRDS COMING SOON
BIRDS PENDING ADOPTION
BIRDS IN HOSPICE CARE
THE WILD PARROTS
Free Tributes to your birds and bird friends!
Need a laugh? Check out our Bird Humor page.
Check out the mickaboo store!
Lovebird foster parents agree...
We Adore Our Lovebirds!
Want to learn more before you commit? Ask us about fostering a lovebird (or two)!
- Lovebirds have a zest for life, with big bird personalities in small packages.
- Outfitted in beautiful colors, they rate at the very top of the cuteness scale.
- Their non-stop activity keeps us laughing.
- They’re opinionated and funny – like having your own personal soap opera, except cuter.
- Musical cheeping fills our homes with cheer.
- Always curious, these little birds like to be near the center of activity, “chatting” with their humans.
- Lovebird pairs like to be near us, but are rarely shoulder birds. They prefer hanging out with their Lovebird buddies, and don't need much dedicated time and attention from humans.
- When tame, single lovebirds can be sweet little shoulder birds. Singles require more attention from their humans because they see you as their mates!
- Usually ravenous, so easy to feed.
- You’ll never need a 'paper shredder' if you have lovebirds around.
- And finally, when in pairs, we think they're perfect birds for people with busy lives.
Starburst & Jellybean
Bird ID: B2010002
Sub-Species: Peach Faced
Health Status: Special Needs
Good with Kids: Unknown
Well Socialized: Yes
Adoption status: Success Story
I've been happily adopted, but check below for a list of other sweet birds who need a home!
( Click to enlarge image )
Starburst & Jellybean here! We are just as sweet as candy-hence the names. We were turned in as strays to a bay area shelter. Unfortunately I, Starburst, came to Mickaboo with multiple, old, fractures in one of my legs so I am now permanently splay legged. We have a clean bill of health though! We will always be a special needs couple since I have the leg issue. I am getting around quite well in the setup my foster mom has for us - even climbing up on a little ladder on my own. My foster family says we would be a great "beginner" couple for someone interested in getting into, special needs care. We are quiet, and do not bite, even though we are not the cuddly type. In fact we are really very cute and fun to watch and take care of. If you think you can provide a good home for us please contact Mickaboo.
Print this page